Friday, May 30, 2008

LOLRadermachera



Okay, maybe I do want to expand beyond the LOLSpathiphyllums.

I choose to click on "no," by the way. China dolls (Radermachera sinica), like Homalomena 'Emerald Gem', are great if you're talking to marketers, but I don't know a lot of people who have had good experiences with them. (I do know a few. I'm just not one of them.) And anyway, this one dropped about 3/4 of its foliage when I got it home, and was probably never going to look very good. (This was possibly my fault for buying from Wal-Mart, but at least that way it was a $2.50 mistake instead of a $30 mistake. These things do add up.)


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Did you make that pic? I like it. I don't really get the LOLspath & LOLcat thing. I don't understand the humour....lol, but this one is cool.

I have a china doll plant too once....lol, it ended up looking like yours. I don't even understand what is supposed to be so great about these.

mr_subjunctive said...

Yeah, it was my picture and my caption.

As for not understanding LOL humor, I dunno. A lot of writing one is just trying to come up with funny variations on one of the few standard LOLs. Like:

"Invisible ________,"
"Im in ur __________, __________ing ur __________."
"Ohai! I ________ed your ________."
"I can has _________?"

Not that people don't come up with original stuff, but a lot of the joke is often that it's another one in a long running series of similar jokes.

You don't have to like them if you don't want, but I'm going to keep posting them occasionally. I need stuff to put up between the long posts that isn't going to take a lot of time to do, and I can't rely entirely on the Pretty Pictures and Random Plant Events.