Friday, July 10, 2009

Pretty picture: Lantana camara 'Patriot Firewagon'


Surreptitiously photographed at the Iowa City Menards. Not that they would necessarily have objected if the photographing had been brazen and obvious. I just feel weird wandering around, taking pictures of things. I keep expecting to be accosted by large men in sunglasses and accused of stealing trade secrets or something.

Though I suppose it wouldn't make sense to keep sensitive trade secrets out in the open, in the garden department, where they could be photographed.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that Lantana could be kept inside. I love the gradients their flower offer, even more so when it's orangish.

Claude said...

I've always liked lantana - but my favorite has always been the old fashioned standard. This is a nice variety though...

Chicago Garden said...

You laugh but ask @KissMyAster what happened to her when she was taking pics at a Menards in Indiana.

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ said...

What's Menards?

mr_subjunctive said...

Nancy in Sun Lakes AZ:

Home improvement / DIY store in the midwest: Wikipedia says they're in OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MN, IA, MO, NE, SD, ND and WY. Third largest home improvement chain in the U.S., behind Lowe's and Home Depot.

Zeï:

Are you sure they can't? We kept one over last winter in the work greenhouse. I was planning on trying it at home this winter.