Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pretty picture: Tillandsia NOID flowers

Just a quick pretty picture post so that anybody who hasn't finished Cleve Backster Part I has a little more time to do so.


I realize that this presupposes that everyone will want to read part I. I don't want to suggest that you should have to if you don't want to.

I mean, you should, but I don't want to suggest that: I'd rather state it outright.

Anyway. I originally typed "Cleve Backster Party," above, which is a concept I would like to explore further. What would a Cleve Backster Party be like? What would you wear? What food would be served? What music would be played? Etc.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure half the party would get Mozart or something, and the other half would get heavy metal. XD

What? That experiment needs a control to be valid? Ha. We don't need no steenking controls.

sheila said...

Is this tillandsia one of yours? I like them. I just ordered a bunch of them this morning.

mr_subjunctive said...

sheila:

No, it's from ex-work.

sheila said...

Do you know what is in the center of a tillandsia ball? Do you start with one, fasten it to the string somehow, and let it make pups until it becomes a ball? Or is there some sort of framework inside? I have a tillandsia ball like yours, only with fewer plants (maybe 5 when I got it in bloom).

mr_subjunctive said...

This one actually probably arrived as a clump: the shipments that came in when I still worked there normally included a few like this, that were just a bundle of connected offsets. (There would usually be three or four different species of plant like that; not just this one. I don't think I have any pictures of the other clumpy ones because WCW usually bought all or most of them immediately, and then the customers would take what was left over shortly thereafter.)

I don't know what they were using for the hooks, but I think it's just a piece of wire with a curve at the top and another at the bottom. It's not necessarily attached very sturdily.