Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pretty picture: Paphiopedilum Love Potion x Nulight


I spent pretty much all day yesterday trying to sort out a schedule for posting the orchid photos from the show at Wallace's a week ago, so that I wouldn't find myself at the end of the run with nothing but pictures of orange Cattleyas, or something like that. The good news is that I succeeded. The bad news is that it left me very little time to come up with a comment on the picture. The other good news is that commenting on the picture is pretty unnecessary: I think it does a fine job of speaking for itself.

I took a lot more photos of slipper-type orchids (Paphiopedilum and Phragmipedium) this year than last year. I don't know whether this is because there were more of them this year than last year, or if I just found them more interesting. Possibly some of both. In any case, fans of paphs and phrags will be pleased.


2 comments:

Rameen said...

That's a pretty neat photo! What kind of equipment do you use to get all this visually appealing blogging done?!

mr_subjunctive said...

Rameen:

The camera is an Olympus FE-4020; I'm not 100% thrilled with it, but for a point-and-shoot, not particularly professional camera, it works okay. (My main problem with it is that the color balance is often screwy, and then I have to play around with the picture forever once I've uploaded it to the computer.)