Saturday, March 12, 2011

Technical difficulties, again

Blogger's post-scheduling function is not working for me tonight. I don't know if I accidentally told it to publish the post the first time, and the subsequent crap is because Google still recognizes the text as the same, or what, but it's very frustrating. Sorry for any confusion.

ALMOST IMMEDIATE UPDATE: F*#*@& Daylight Savings Time screws me up again. I can't schedule posts for 2:30 AM on March 13 if there won't be a 2:30 AM on March 13.

Why is it 2:30 AM in the first place, you may ask? Well, when I started working at the garden center, way back in the early history of PATSP, I was getting up at 5 AM for a while. I didn't want the posts to be up for a long time before I was able to check it and make sure it had all posted the way I wanted it to, so I scheduled it to post at 4:30 AM my time. This is 2:30 AM Pacific Time, which is for some reason the time zone Blogger has always thought I was in. And yes, I've tried to change the time zone thing.

Anyway. So twice a year, I get confused because I try to schedule a 2:30 AM post and Blogger won't accept it, and it takes me a really long time to figure out that it's because that time either doesn't exist (spring) or exists twice (fall) during the early morning in question.


2 comments:

CelticRose said...

Why not change the posting time to 2:00 a.m. or 3:30 a.m.? And I agree, Daylight Savings Times is a real PITA. Even though we don't have it here in AZ, it still causes confusion when dealing with people in other areas of the country.

mr_subjunctive said...

CelticRose:

I know. You'd think I would have done that a long time ago. The problem is that it only comes up twice a year, and it's not that big of a deal, and I always think oh, well, surely I'll remember next year, since it keeps happening, but then I don't remember. I will change the time, though, this time.