Monday, February 25, 2008

Random plant event: Homalomena 'Emerald Gem' flowers

Well I was going to be able to move some plants out of the apartment yesterday, having gotten a day off work and okay weather at the same time for once, but then at the last minute that failed to work out and then I had to water a bunch of stuff. Which means that I lost a lot of time and still haven't written anything presentable for the blog, as far as a plant profile goes or anything. I swear I'm doing the best I can.

Meanwhile, my Homalomena has decided to bloom, not that Homalomena blooms are anything to get excited about. The first time this happened, I let it continue for a while, expecting that at the very least a spathe would open or something, but it never did: I just got a weird pod-like thing at the end of a stick, which I let hang around for a while and then cut off.


1 comment:

Jordan said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Homalomena flower once it blooms.

With regards to your question on my blog about Michael Pollan, he did give a good speech and it was delightful to meet him in person. Annah and I were unfortunately not able to stop and do any plant shopping while we were in town, but as we were driving around town and getting lost we did see a few of the plant nurseries and we would have loved to pick up a few plants. However, it was pretty late after the event and it was snowing rather heavily. When we drive down there again we will definitely stop by!